Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Planners


Brooke is a planner. And in an attempt to be a better boyfriend, I too will become a planner.

Yesterday we went to dinner to do some serious planning. It was a 4:00 p.m. dinner because my plans for us to take a Mexican tamales workshop fell through and left us without lunch for the day. Brooke appreciated my planning efforts though.

At dinner we did some long-term planning (careers and destinations) as well as short-term planning (chocolate brownie sunday after dinner). Brooke brought her calendar for us to write in. We have a lot to juggle this summer and into the fall: Four weddings (hopefully no funerals), trips to Michigan, Jersey, the Cape, North Carolina . . .

My conclusion is that planning isn't so bad. I found it especially nice to look forward to summer as winter's death grip is only now beginning to loosen.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Wood Family said...

Let us know when you penciled us in. We will put in our our plans :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Sara J. Allen said...

Sweet glorious planning. It is like nectar from the gods. Without out planning our futures would simply be, get up, go to work, get home, do it all over again.

Maybe I'm biased because I have the same plan book.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home