Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Alive


It's true. I am alive. Pretty much all dug out from the snow, I spent the weekend relaxing with my lady. And Brooke was sweet enough to get my sister and brother-in-law to make a surprise visit to Vermont. It was a great gift.

Since Monday I've been on the couch. The flu has gotten the best of me, and my only efforts to fight back have been to watch The View and Dr. Phil. I watched a little of All My Children too, but I would like to mention I was e-mailing through most of it. An episode of Reading Rainbow also came on. This one episode (circa 1985) had both Pete Seeger and Run-Dmc in a 30-minute program. Now that's good television.

This whole flu-ordeal has taught me something. Television isn't really as bad as I've made it out to be. Mindless, passive viewing has been crucial in my recovery. And, if nothing else, the guests on the Maury Povich Show make the problems in my life feel smaller.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara J. Allen said...

That picture is proof that my hat was in Vermont. Can you please look for it? I believe that those poddles have absconded with my beloved, handmade hat.

7:48 AM  
Blogger travellerb said...

if your brain turns to mush, you won't notice the flu...

don't dissapoint us, channing - we have a spot on the ark reserved for you and brooke.

fred and i will be out there come thaw-time

b

8:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Charn.

Just wanted to say I had a good rifle through your website proper, today, and was well impressed with your enclosed work.

Nicely done, comrade.

M*

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home