Monday, December 04, 2006

Freelance


I hung out with Joe today trying to make sense of the Dartmouth College debate over the Indian mascot and recent events on campus that have stirred up controversy.

Joe works for the Grand Forks Herald in North Dakota. The paper sent him out here to do a comparison piece that will provide an east coast perspective on the University of North Dakota's own Indian mascot debate.

I had a lot of fun today. And it will be nice to have a few extra dollars to put towards my new equipment.

2 Comments:

Blogger [!] said...

I worry that you might be giving this Joe guy too positive a picture of journalism in Vermont and New Hampshire. As a remedy for this, I suggest that you wear a hat with a "Press" card affixed to it and repeatedly end cell phone conversations with an excited "Whatta scoop!!"

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To be honest, dear Charn, your daily work inspired the most recent post. And you're right: I do need to do more of these.

I always love checking your blog because it's always updated with something interesting. So very Vermont.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home