Monday, August 06, 2007

John and Paula

In the fall of 1970 my father was enrolled at the Colgate Rochester Divinity School with John Dick and Steve Jones. They quickly became friends and so did their wives. Since 1981, the three couples have spent a week of vacation together in coastal North Carolina with their children. So, it was a pleasant surprise to learn when applying for a job at the Midland Daily News that John and Paula had recently moved to Midland. They became my family away from my family. Occasionaly, I would even go to church where John preached.

I went to service on Sunday to surprise John and Paula. I, too, was surprised when I found my name tag hadn't been thrown out. It was tucked away in a drawer.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have thought that j-school discouraged shots of headless parishioners!

Except for the missing face, I've enjoyed this set of Midland pictures.
phj

3:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Charn! Love the Midlands reunion. What have you been doing with your colour? Just desaturating things? It looks great!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Channing said...

Tidd!

It's actually a preset in Adobe Lightroom. It's called 'aged photo'. I click one button and then hit up levels like I normally would. Forgive my sentimental toning gimmick : )

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home