Monday, September 17, 2007

An Open Letter to Lauren Gifford



Dear Lauren,

Thank you so much for letting me stay at your mom's house during my recent visit to Bar Harbor, Maine. Although I was only able to stay one night, Mrs. Gifford treated me very well.

I arrived at 10:30 p.m. on Friday and was lucky your mother was still awake. She had already put up colorful signs directing me to your room in preparation for my late night arrival. We had a glass of white wine and gossiped about you and other matters before going to bed. I found Mrs. Gifford to be an absolute delight.

Your bed was very comfortable. And your alarm clock was faithful and woke me up at 8 a.m. I showered and dried myself off with the towel Mrs. Gifford provided me. I brushed my teeth and left the house before your mom awoke. I thought about saying goodbye, but I was reluctant to wake her. A thank you note is in the mail, but please tell her how appreciative I am the next time you two speak.

If you are ever in Charlotte, North Carolina for an evening, don't even think about staying in a hotel. My mother would be more than happy to put you up for the night. I'll make sure to it.

I hope this letter finds you in good health.

Sincerely,

Channing Harris Johnson

p.s. I loved the framed, autographed photo of you and Tom Ridge!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wait, your middle name is Harris?

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll look forward to meeting Lauren!
phj

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home