Friday, January 05, 2007

Satellite Radio Who?


What if I told you I was about to increase the quality of your life by 20 percent? Would you believe me? What if I told you there was an Internet radio site that was based on Netflix recommendation technology?

The Music Genome Project has created a website called www.pandora.com that plays songs based on how you liked the previous song they recommended. You can then create radio stations for your different tastes and moods. The beauty is that algorithms help to introduce you to new artists instead of marketing tactics.

You can thank me later. Or, I guess thank Wally and Barbara who shared it with me.

I started with Blackalicious. But you can start where ever you want.

Here's a picture of Tim in the Monitor elevator. We got together last week to edit end-of-the-year portfolios.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jesse Osbourne said...

pandora is awesome. indeed.

it helped me through the countless hours of making a flash website. fa sho.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Mark Mulligan said...

amazing recommendation on the pandora - this is great, just great!

oh, and I know I'm a stranger, but I got to your blog through Chris Detrich's ... who I'm also a stranger, but I got through his through sportsshooter ... so yeah ... thanks for telling the world about pandora

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think life is possibly even more than 20% better. thanks.

hey channing, betcha didn't know i check your blog, but i found it through ryan woods. hope the east is treating you well.

10:58 PM  
Blogger That Obscure Object said...

Hey Channing
This is Amanda Becom Sara's friend from Raleigh, remember me?
My brother is currently working on the Human genome project and Pandora at the univeristy of Michigan.
It's pretty great stuff. He has all sorts of insider details if you're interested.
Your pictures are stunning

Good ol' dog!

Amanda

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with Amanda, 'stunning'.
This is not the same as Elaine's 'breath taking'. Reference: Seinfeld ugly baby episode.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home